the versatile mini tripod for big camera rigs!
Max was successfully Kickstarter-funded in summer 2016 and has proven that powerful tools come in small packages. Larger than the Ultra—though still only the size of a tablet—Max supports heavier, larger gear. Don’t be fooled by Max’s slim stature—it will be the most reliable tool in your gear bag!
5-year warranty—Full replacement of parts for any defect in workmanship. Guaranteed to hold up to a 300-pound load!
SMALL FRAME, BIG SETUPS
Made of aircraft-grade aluminum and titanium, the 5mm-thick Max is perfect for heavy DSLRs and full-sized video cameras, large lenses, bulky flashes and accessories—up to 300 pounds. If your tripod ball head can support it, so can Max.
NO TOOLS, NO PROBLEM
Like the Ultra, Max is compatible with most standard tripod ball heads and screws on easily without the need for tools.
FOUR SPIKE FEET
Max comes with four “feet," which are adjustable screws that grip on uneven or rocky surfaces. Each screw is 2 inches long with heavy-duty rubber caps and locking nuts.
THE ANATOMY OF MAX
1. Fiberglass-reinforced nylon removable "bayonet style" storage box that holds four 1/4-20 spike feet. Small magnets hold spikes when stored.
2. Five 1/4-20 threaded holes to allow use of spike feet in configurations of one, two, three, or four at a time.
3. Two 2-inch belt slots to secure to any cylindrical object or to tape onto floors for remote camera setups.
4. Made of 6061 black anodized aircraft-grade aluminum. 5 mm thick. 5.25 x 7.75”
5. 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 accessory threaded holes for attachment to tripods or quick-release devices.
6. 3/8-16 TA2 titanium photographic bolt drilled, countersunk and welded in place for large tripod ball heads, even with spike feet in place.
7. Two nail holes for permanent or semi-permanent mounting.
8. Weight: 13 ounces, including spikes and storage box.
Max comes with the Base Plate, four spike feet and removable storage box, 1/4" - 1/4" male-to-male crossnut and a microfiber pouch
Unlock Max's Full Potential with the Multi Accessory Kit
- Spigot Adapter - Easily setup off-camera flashes and monolights
- Silicone pad - prevents slipping or scratching
- Anodized-aluminum riser- Mount cameras and devices directly to Platypods without a ball head
- Tension strap - to strap Max to poles and trees
- Drawstring pouch - Keeps all your accessories right by your side.