The flat tripod for big camera rigs!
Max is flat and light. At the size of a mini tablet and only 13 oz, Max fits in any camera bag. Max is for large equipment, like DSLR and video cameras with long telephoto or the heavy macro lens.
Max proves that powerful tools come in small packages. Larger than the Ultra—though still only 5.25” x 7.75” and 5 mm thick. —Max supports heavier, larger gear. Don’t be fooled by Max’s slim stature—it will be the most reliable tool in your gear bag! To back it up, we provide a 10 year warranty.
Made of aircraft-grade aluminum and titanium, the 5mm-thick Max is perfect for heavy DSLRs and full-sized video cameras, large lenses, bulky flashes and accessories—up to 300 pounds. If your tripod ball head can support it, so can Max.
Max has feet.
Four legs that grip on uneven or rocky surface. Use the spikey ends for hard surfaces or rubber ends on furniture.
Max comes with four stainless steel screws that are 2 inches long with heavy-duty rubber caps and locking nuts.
Use one feet for grip on uneven surfaces.
Use two feet to hang on objects like rocks. Even vertical objects like fences and car windows.
Use three feet on really uneven surfaces.
Use four feet to spike Max into soft surfaces, like grass and sand.
If you need some height, strap Max to a object. Although Max doesn't come with a strap, it is compatible with any belt or use the strap from the optional Accessory Kit.
TIP - screw one of the spikes in a bit to take any tension out of the strap.
1. Fiberglass-reinforced nylon removable "bayonet style" storage box that holds four 1/4-20 spike feet. Small magnets hold spikes when stored.
2. Five 1/4-20 threaded holes to allow use of spike feet in configurations of one, two, three, or four at a time.
3. Two 2-inch belt slots to secure to any cylindrical object or to tape onto floors for remote camera setups.
4. Made of 6061 black anodized aircraft-grade aluminum. 5 mm thick. 5.25 x 7.75”
5. 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 accessory threaded holes for attachment to tripods or quick-release devices.
6. 3/8-16 TA2 titanium photographic bolt drilled, countersunk and welded in place for large tripod ball heads, even with spike feet in place.
7. Two nail holes for permanent or semi-permanent mounting.
8. Weight: 13 ounces, including spikes and storage box.
Max comes with the Base Plate, four spike feet and removable storage box, 1/4" - 1/4" male-to-male crossnut, a microfiber pouch, and a 5-year warranty.
MAX ISN'T JUST FOR CAMERAS
Unlock Max's Full Potential with the Multi Accessory Kit. These accessories are compatible with Ultra and Max and sold separately. When you get them together, we save on shipping and pass that to you.
Easily setup flash and monolight mounts. Mount not included.
Mount 1/4 inch accessories directly to Platypods without a ball head.
Quickly prevent slipping or scratching. Washable with soap and water.
36-inch strap attachs Max to poles and trees.
Keeps all your accessories right by your side.