Max - $99.00
For heavy DSLRs and BIG lenses
- Best for cameras with heavy or long lenses, full-sized video cameras and bulky accessories
- Supports up to 300 pounds of equipment
- Great for travel—Max is about the size of a mini tablet
- Includes the Max base, 4 spike feet and a removable spike-feet storage box. Does not come with a tripod ball head.
New! Ultra - $59
For mirrorless and midsize cameras
- Ideal for cameras with small- to medium-sized lenses
- Supports up to 90 pounds of gear
- Compatible with most professional tripod ball heads
- Great for travel—the Pro is about the size of a smartphone
- Includes: Ultra base, spike-feet set, cinch strap. Does not include a tripod ball head
Multi Accessory Kit - $29
- Accessories for all Platypod products like Pro, Ultra, and Max
3-inch long 3/8-1/4-inch female to female spigot adapter.
4 x 6-inch, 2mm-thick silicone pad.
1.5" anodized aluminum 0.5" riser - 3/8"-1/4" female socket-male bolt.
36-inch long, 1.5-inch wide tension strap.
4.25 x 6.25-inch drawstring pouch.
Replacement Pieces: Spike-Feet, Rubber Caps, or Holder Box
For when you just can't seem to find some of the pieces.
Travel Bag for Ultra or Pro - $24.95
Lies flat to hold just the Platypod Ultra or Pro and expands to fit travel accessories. Attaches to your shoulder strap for easy access or slips onto your belt to hold an extra lens.
What is a Platypod?
Platypod makes flat tripods. They are the world's most compact mini tripod bases for photographers. Inspired by the duck-billed platypus, an animal with flat and broad feet, we designed our camera supports to be ideal for low-angle shots and situations where traditional tripods are cumbersome or impractical.
Their flat design makes them strong. Platypods can support even the biggest DSLR cameras and the heaviest lenses. Platypods can also become a portable studio, with accessory holes that are compatible with strobes.
Not sure which Platypod is for you?
Max was designed for DSLRs, video cameras, and heavy lighting equipment while Ultra was designed for mirrorless, GoPro, smart phones, and small accessories.